Federal investments in transportation infrastructure are essential to America's security, economic prosperity and quality of life. WSW works with our transportation clients to advocate to Congress and the Executive Branch ways to make our national transportation system work better, safer and smarter, to save lives and save time for all Americans.
WSW has a strong track record of success in working with State, County and local governments, community organizations, hospitals and higher-educational institutions to secure federal authorization and appropriations for critical infrastructure initiatives.
Working with their Members of Congress, each of WSW’s transportation clients achieved real and measurable success in the major transportation reauthorization measure, the Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU), which passed in 2005. For more information on SAFETEA-LU, click here.
WSW is already working with our clients to plan for the next major transportation reauthorization.
Our WSW Transportation Team includes a former Subcommittee Chairman of the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee, former staff of the House Transportation & Infrastructure Committee as well as former staff to a Member of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Transportation. Our state lobbying team also includes former key staff members of state transportation and transit authorities.
Some examples of our clients’ successes include:
- Securing authorization and appropriations for a major county-wide corridor improvement project to ease congestion and improve safety
- Securing appropriations for multiple park and ride, bus and transit station intermodal facilities, as well as funding for light rail systems and job access reverse commute (JARC) programs for a state Transit agency
- Securing funding for a terminal pier project to improve and expand passenger ferry service
- Securing funding for major interstate interchange improvement vital to economic development in a densely populated urban area
About the Client
Our transportation clients have included:
- Statewide Transit Agency
- County Government(s)
- Business Partnerships
- Nation’s leading Brownfields redeveloper
- Local and state redevelopment agencies and interests